Prior to working at the University of York, David worked in critical care nursing, gaining experience in intensive care nursing, including specialist neuro and cardiac intensive care units.
David has an interest in innovative ways of teaching including high fidelity simulation and use of technology in teaching.
- Dip HE Nursing
- BSc Hons Health Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice
- Lecturer in adult nursing
- Deputy lead for adult field of practice
- Cooperative learning group lead
- Clinical Simulation Unit Manager
- Deputy Chair of E-Learning Group
- CLG Group Lead in September 15 undergraduate nursing programme
- SSPRD study days: Acute Illness Recognition and Assessment, and Acute and Critical Care skills focused study days
- Module lead for:
- Fundamental communication skills in nursing
- Care of the Acutely Ill Adult
- ECG Interpretation
- Moving and handling and basic life support.
David also contributes to teaching on a number of undergraduate modules.