Catherine has been a trial coordinator at York Trials Unit since 2015. Previous to this Catherine worked within YTU as a trial support officer and research secretary to provide support to a variety of musculoskeletal and mental health research.
- BA in Linguistics and Phonetics
- MSc in Health Services Research
- Member of the Studies within a Trial (SWAT) Working Group
- Member of the Contract Researchers Forum
Catherine's research interests include wound care and methodological research including participant recruitment and retention and research conduct through studies within trials (SWATs).
- SWHSI 2 - A pragmatic, multicentre, randomised controlled trial of negative pressure wound therapy for open surgical wounds
- PROMOTE - A pragmatic, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial of methotrexate to treat painful knee osteoarthritis
- SCIMITAR+ - Smoking cessation for people with severe mental illness
- SWHSI - Open Surgical Wounds
- DISC - Dupuytren's Interventions: Surgery vs Collagenase
- PROFHER 2 - PROximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation Trial no. 2 (PROFHER-2 Trial)
- SWAT - Studies within a Trial
- HERO - Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness in Reducing symptoms of hand Osteoarthritis
- OCTET- Obsessive Compulsive Treatment Efficiency Trial
- MSc Dissertation Supervison
- Catherine is able to supervise Masters projects (primary research and systematic review). Specific areas of interest include wound care and methodological research (e.g. recruitment and retention of participants in research, research conduct).