Catherine has been a Trial Manager at York Trials Unit since 2019. Previous to this Catherine worked within YTU as a trial coordinator, trial support officer and research secretary to provide support to a variety of musculoskeletal and mental health research.
- BA in Linguistics and Phonetics
- MSc in Health Services Research
- Member of the Studies within a Trial (SWAT) Working Group
- Deputy Co-Chair of the Contract Researchers Forum
Catherine's research interests include wound care and methodological research including participant recruitment and retention and research conduct through studies within trials (SWATs).
- DISC - Dupuytren's Interventions: Surgery vs Collagenase
- PROFHER 2 - PROximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation Trial no. 2 (PROFHER-2 Trial)
- SCIMITAR+ - Smoking cessation for people with severe mental illness
- YTU SWATs - Studies within a Trial, e.g PROMETHEUS
- SWHSI 2 - A pragmatic, multicentre, randomised controlled trial of negative pressure wound therapy for open surgical wounds
- HERO - Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness in Reducing symptoms of hand Osteoarthritis
- OCTET- Obsessive Compulsive Treatment Efficiency Trial
- PROMOTE - A pragmatic, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial of methotrexate to treat painful knee osteoarthritis
- SWHSI - Open Surgical Wounds
- MSc Dissertation Supervison
- Catherine is able to supervise Masters projects (primary research and systematic review). Specific areas of interest include wound care and methodological research (e.g. recruitment and retention of participants in research, research conduct).