Caroline joined the York Trials Unit in 2012 and currently supports a number of trials at the unit in the fields of health, education and the social sciences as a Statistician. She is the lead for Graduate Teaching Assistants within the Department of Health Sciences.
Caroline's main research interests lie in randomised controlled trials, cluster RCTs, statistics and trial methodology.
- ABRA - Online Reading Support Abracadabra.
- BreatheMOR-HF - Morphine for the relief of breathlessness in stable chronic heart failure.
- BRIGHT - Brushing reminder for good oral health.
- E-PLAYS - Evaluating ‘Enhancing Pragmatic LAnguage skills for Young children with Social communication disorder’.
- EXACT - Exercise for adults with Crohn's.
- FARSTER - Feasibilty study of early outpatient review and early cardiac rehabilitation after coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Gentle Years Yoga - Individually randomised controlled, two arm, pragmatic, multi-centre trial to determine the clinical and cost-effectiveness of an adapted yoga programme for older adults with multimorbidity.
- KReBS - A randomised controlled trial of the effect of a two-layer compression bandage system on knee function following total knee arthroplasty.
- LEXIA - A computer-based independent learning system (ILS), was originally developed in the US to help pupils with dyslexia.
- Maths Champions - The effectiveness of Maths Champions on the mathematical development and skills of children aged 3 & 4 years.
- MCLASS II - Muslim Communities Learning About Second-hand Smoke in Bangladesh
- OTIS - Occupational therapist intervention study.
- QIST - Scaling up quality improvement for surgical teams trial.
- ReflectED - Evaluate the effectiveness of ReflectED on maths and reading outcomes for pupils in both KS1 and KS2.
- SCIMITAR+ - Smoking cessation for people with severe mental illness.
- SCI-napse - The impact of a game-based approach to whole-class teaching.
- SSHeW - Does slip resistant footwear reduce slips among healthcare workers? A randomised controlled trial.
- SWHSI - Open surgical wounds.
- SWHSI 2 - A pragmatic, multicentre, randomised controlled trial of negative pressure wound therapy for open surgical wounds.
- SWIFFT - Scaphiod waist internal fixation for fractures.
- Tutor Trust - Affordable primary tuition.
Caroline provides marking assistance for the Introduction to Regression Analysis module.