HEDG - Health, Econometrics and Data Group
HEDG has grown out of the York Seminars in Health Econometrics (YSHE). Since its inception in 1996, this seminar series has become an important collaborative link between individuals interested in quantitative aspects of health economics at the Centre for Health Economics, the Department of Economics and Related Studies, and visitors from the national and international research community. The HEDG seminar series is particularly useful for:
- linking complementary research ideas and skills;
- presentation and discussion of preliminary work, including work by PhD students, in an informal environment;
- avoiding duplication of data preparation and providing shared resources;
active dissemination of recent research;
- providing peer review of draft papers and research proposals;
- providing a focal point for contacts with similar research groups or individuals in the wider research community.