- See a full list of publications
- Browse activities and projects
- Explore connections, collaborators, related work and more
Research Champion for Justice and Equality, Vice Chancellor's Office
Director of Centre for Housing Policy
Professor of Social Policy
NIHR SSCR Senior Fellow
- BA Hons, Politics (Portsmouth Polytechnic)
- MA (Econ) Public Policy and Administration (University of Manchester)
Nicholas is currently Research Champion for Justice and Equality for the University, his role centres on promoting excellence in interdisciplinary research that spans Departmental and Faculty boundaries.
Professor Pleace joined CHP in 1991. His research explores the interrelationships between housing and poverty. His interests centre on comparative research, particularly across Europe and the Anglophone countries and on transdisciplinary research that encompasses inequalities in health, life chances/opportunity, area effects in urban space, housing precarity and homelessness.
- Cost effectiveness
- Social and community integration
- Economic integration
- Homelessness and housing exclusion
- International comparisons
- Welfare taxonomies
- Urban studies
Nicholas has an interest in experimental and quasi-experimental service evaluation and international comparative research. He is a specialist in mixed methods and interdisciplinary research.
Nicholas is interested in MA, MPhil and PhD supervision on areas including housing exclusion, homelessness, the social and economic integration of people with support needs, social housing management and the use of ICTs in social and welfare policy.