Mental health social work with children, young people and adults; messages from research and implications for practice
Thursday 21 April 2016, 10.00AM to 4.00pm
Speaker(s): Professor Martin Webber and a range of guest speakers
This day will include combination of research findings and practical workshops on a range of mental health social work topics including;
- ‘The mental health of boys; why gender matters’, Professor Brid Featherstone, University of Huddersfield
- ‘Mindapples; the business perspective’, Andy Gibson
- ‘Mental health, research and the police; a partnership approach’, Professor Martin Webber of the University of York and Inspector Bill Scott of North Yorkshire Police
- ‘Sharing lived experience in mental health interventions’, Jonny Lovell, University of York
- ‘The whole family approach to mental health’, Kirklees Council
- ‘Communicating research’, Sarah Carr, the Social Elf
For subscribing organisations this is an Adult & Childrens Services event.
For others there is a fee of £120. Lunch and refreshments are included.
Bursaries are available for students and for staff and volunteers from voluntary and community groups and charities; please ask for details.
tel: 01904 321237 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: To be confirmed