What is records management?
Records Management is the corporate and professional function of managing records to meet the University’s needs, promote business efficiency and provide legal and financial accountability.
The University’s Records Management Strategy and Policy
exist to ensure that:
- University records are fit for purpose
- the right information is created and kept for as long as it is needed (but no longer!)
- information is held in a form and manner that helps people access it
- information is stored, used and protected in accordance with the many requirements of its creators, users, the University, the law and regulatory bodies, and
- cost effectiveness is maintained (in terms of the time spent looking for information, storage and maintenance).