Rights related to automated decision making (including profiling)
Under the GDPR, individuals have the right not to be subject to a decision based purely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him/ her or similarly significantly affects him/ her. This right does not apply if the automated decision making:
- is necessary for entering into or performing a contract between the data subject and controller (e.g. the use of automated decision making to assign student college accommodation);
- is authorised by Union or Member State Law applicable to the controller;
- is based on the data subject’s explicit consent.
For any non-exempt automated decision making, the University will:
- provide individuals with information about the processing;
- introduce a simple process for individuals to request human intervention and/or challenge a decision;
- regularly review the process and system to ensure it works as intended.
For questions and concerns please email email@example.com