The Nanocentre development of in-situ E(S)TEM with single atom sensitivity by Prof. E. Boyes and Prof. P. Gai et al (Annalen der Physik 2013; Microsc Res and Tech. 2009; ChemPhysLett. 2014; with the earlier atomic resolution ETEM development (Science, 267, 661;Ultramicroscopy 67, 219 and Nature) ) is recognised by premier awards (the Gabor Medal and Prize of the Institute of Physics (IOP); and L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science award); and features by the major scientific societies.
Publications by researchers including Dr L. Lari, Dr. Lazarov et al in Nature Materials, Nature Physics, and Phys Rev Lett utilising the Nanocentre facilities have been featured in scientific media.
International Electron Microscopy Conference: EMAG-2013, sponsored by IOP was co-organised by the Nanoocentre at York.
International Electron Microscopy Conference, EMAG 2013 at York
International Electron Microscopy Conference, EMAG 2013: attendees at York Railway Museum
L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science award
Selected Media Highlights for Professor Pratibha Gai on her L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science award as the 2013 Laureate for the continent of Europe:
(one woman scientist is selected from each continent)
Pratibha Gai L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science display on the Champs Elysées, Paris
Pratibha Gai L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science display on the Champs Elysées, Paris. March-April 2013.
The Ri celebrates Women in Science, Pratibha Gai
Pratibha Gai L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science award ceremony in Paris, France, 2013.
International Scientific Press:
- The Royal Society of Chemistry : Chemistry World, UK.
- CEN Pratibha Gai (PDF , 5,259kb)
- The Royal Microscopical Society, UK.
- The Institute of Physics, UK
- Microscopy and Analysis
- The Materials Research Society, USA
- The Royal Australian Chemical Society, Australia
- University of Delaware, UDEL press release, USA
- New Scientist
International Media and Press
- French main TV channel: TF1
- THE article P Gai award winning focus (PDF , 5,259kb)
- The Independent
- The Guardian Science podcast
- BBC Radio York
- BBC Radio Birmingham
- BBC Radio 4
- BBC Radio 5
- International New York Times
- Le Monde, France
- Le Figaro
- Oxford Mail
- Oxford Times
- York Press
- TV segments in Italy, Indonesia, Russia
- International Women’s day, Oxford.