Black Identity in Education
Monday 31 October 2011, 6.15PM
Speaker(s): Speakers from the Universities of York and Leeds
A series of talks followed by a discussion about black identity in education. Speakers include:
- Chris Barnett – a PhD student in the Department of Education currently researching positive black role models in schools
- Dr Keon West – a Jamaican social psychologist at the University of Leeds researching intergroup relation
- Richard Borowski – Co-ordinator of the Leeds Schools Africa Project at the Centre for African Studies, University of Leeds (www.polis.leeds.ac.uk/lucas/schools-africa-project/)
- Felix Olakulehin - a PhD student in the Department of Education (Leeds) and a participant in the Leeds Schools Africa Project
- Rebekah Phiri, Co-Chair of the University of York African Caribbean Society
Plus representatives from YUSU race equality.
This is one of a series of events to mark Black History Month.
Location: Seminar room BS/008, Berrick Saul Building