Dr Victoria Allgar has a joint appointment between Hull York Medical School and the Department of Health Sciences, University of York. She is a Reader in Medical Statistic and her work involves bringing together the knowledge of a range of experts from different specialisations to help identify and answer key research questions through the design and conduct new studies. Victoria then provides statistical and project oversight of these studies.
- BSc(Hons) Statistics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- PhD, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Chartered Statistician, Royal Statistical Society
- Chartered Scientist, The Science Council
- Head of the Centre for Health and Population Sciences (CHaPS)
- HYMS Athena SWAN Champion (Chair)
- HYMS Department Research Committee (Deputy Chair)
- HYMS Exceptional Circumstances Committee (Deputy Chair)
- HYMS Ethics Committee
- HYMS Management Board
- HYMS Academic Lead for Assessment (Phase 1, Health and Society)
- Health Sciences Department Mangaement Group
- Health Sciences Research Committee
- Health Sciences Athena Swan Group
Victoria's research interests include medical statistics and study design.