Karen’s PhD is a feasibility study to inform a multi-centre three-arm parallel group randomised controlled trial. The trial will investigate the effectiveness of acupuncture and nutritional therapy to attenuate the symptoms of atrial fibrillation, and to improve patient self-efficacy.
Karen's research interests are:
- Complementary therapies and integrative medicine
- Qualitative research in randomised controlled trials
- Use of complementary therapies in humanitarian aid environments
- Innovative research design in clinical effectiveness
- CORDS-Acu - The Clinical Outcomes Research Data Sharing project.
Karen is a member of the following