Fi joined York Trials Unit in March 2020 as a Trial Support Officer. She completed a Master of Public Health in 2017, where her dissertation was a qualitative evidence synthesis investigating how mindfulness participants perceive their emotional intelligence after completing a MBSR/MBCT course.
Prior to this she completed a BA (Hons) in Counselling Studies and worked in frontline mental health services delivering person-centred support to adults with severe and enduring mental health illnesses.
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of York
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies, York St John University
Fi has research interests in the following areas:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Application of mindfulness to improve lived experience of individuals with chronic illnesses
- The impact of the 'Health At Every Size' and 'Body Positivity' movement on self-esteem and wellbeing
- Mixed methods research
- Systematic reviews
- Reviewing research methods
- Gentle Years Yoga - Individually randomised controlled, two arm, pragmatic, multi-centre trial to determine the clinical and cost-effectiveness of an adapted yoga programme for older adults with multimorbidity.