Chemistry Review runs an occasional feature called Project Page. This is designed to help those students who have to carry out their own choice of chemical investigation as part of their post-16 course (for example, in the Salters Advanced Chemistry Course).
We get a great number of requests for back issues of these Project Pages, and so with the kind permission of our publishers, Philip Allan Updates, we have reproduced the text of these articles here. They are free for you to download for your personal use, but the copyright remains with Philip Allan Updates. We are indebted to Don Ainley, who has prepared these articles for the Web.
Choose from this list of projects.
- Decomposing hydrogen peroxide September 1995, Vol. 5, No. 1, p. 30
- What's in water? (MS Word , 62kb) November 1995, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 8-9
- The reactions of metals with acids (MS Word , 59kb) January 1996, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 12-13
- Making light of project work (MS Word , 146kb) March 1996, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 28-29
- Reactions that don't seem to add up (MS Word , 37kb) September 1996, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 26-27
- Clock reactions (MS Word , 51kb) November 1996, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 14-15
- How pure is your aspirin (MS Word , 96kb) January 1997, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 18-19
- Investigating enzymes (MS Word , 52kb) March 1997, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 32-33
- What's in wine? (MS Word , 74kb) January 1998, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 24-25
- Adsorption and inclusion (MS Word , 27kb) March 1999, Vol. 8, No. 4, p. 13
- The concentration of copper ions (MS Word , 58kb) September 1999, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 8-9
- A reaction that speeds itself up (MS Word , 212kb) February 2002, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 8-9
- How quickly does bleach deteriorate? February 2007, Vol. 16, No. 3