Travel Abroad & Business Travel


  • Staff and students travelling on University business outside the UK must take out University of York Business Travel Cover.
  • The business travel cover is free of charge for its staff and students, for any number of journeys and any duration of trip up to twelve months. In order to receive the cover free of charge each overseas trip must be registered by completing the University's on-line Travel Log
  • Note: when completing the Travel Log you will need to acknowledge that a risk assessment has been completed. For low risk travel you will be covered by the generic Biology Department assessment for 'low risk travel'; for higher risk travel you will need to prepare a specific risk assessment for your trip.