Each job vacancy needs someone to administer it in eRecruiter. This person is known as the job owner.
The first step in eRecuiter is to create the vacancy.
As a job owner, your other key tasks are:
- updating candidate records after shortlisting
- scheduling interviews
- updating candidate records after interview, including notifying HR of any appointments to be made
Full instructions for these tasks are in our Help Centre. When a vacancy closes, both job owners and panel members are emailed details of what to do next.
Who should be the job owner?
Any member of staff can act as a job owner. No specialist skills or access are required. However, things to consider include:
- as well as updating eRecruiter, they're likely to be closely involved in the general organisation of the recruitment process
- they need to be ready to respond to queries from candidates, particularly around interview arrangements
- in some schools or departments there may be admininstrators who act as job owner for all vacancies