I undertook my PhD here at the University of York before becoming a teaching fellow shortly thereafter.
- Convenor for Taught Postgraduates
- Member of Department Management Team
- Member of Department Teaching Committee
My research interests are in the following areas: Frankfurt School Critical Theory; Adorno; Post-Kantian Idealism; Anti-Humanism; Spinoza; Analytic Aesthetics; Althusser; Aleatory Materialism.
- I am currently working on profundity in literature and music, as well as papers on Adorno's conception of mimesis, the relationship between artworks and ideology, and problems of inherence in Spinoza's metaphysics.
- I am working on a book on Althusser's aleatory materialism, which should also draw on theories of creativity and joint intention.