Physical and Mental Health of Older Prisoners (PAMHOP)
The overall aim of the project is to co-produce a tool kit for older prisoners with physical and common mental-health disorders (depression and anxiety).
The study has five elements:
- To synthesize the evidence to identify effective programme elements to help improve the mental health of older prisoners
- To assess the socio demographic characteristics and unmet needs of older prisoners using a survey and qualitative interviews
- To develop an economic resource protocol to inform the main trial
- To disseminate the findings with support from the Prison Radio Association
- To co-produce a new intervention tool kit and assess the feasibility and acceptability on the intervention tool kit.
Listen to Dr Amanda Perry talking about the results of a systematic review on interventions to support mental and physical health in older people in custody.