Dr Katie Lamb
Phone: 01904 324547
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Dr Katie Lamb was awarded her PhD at the University of York in 2017. Katie worked under Professor Michael North during her PhD, with her thesis titled “Investigating Alternative Green Methods for Carbon Dioxide Utilisation and Carbon Capture and Storage”.
Katie researched and developed alternative salophen catalysts for the formation of cyclic carbonates from epoxides and carbon dioxide, as well as an electrochemical cell that could perform carbon dioxide mineralisation under ambient conditions.
Katie is currently a postdoctoral research associate at the Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence, working on a Royal Society funded GCRF UK/Brazil joint project.
This project is predominately focused on "Developing New and Commercially Viable Catalysts for the Synthesis of Cyclic Carbonates from Epoxides and Carbon Dioxide”, in collaboration with Professor Claudio Mota at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Carbon dioxide utilisation, carbon capture and storage, green chemistry, catalysis, homogenous and heterogeneous catalysts, metal catalysis, clean organic synthesis and sustainable chemistry.
A video on Carbon Dioxide Utilisation (CDU) created by BSc Research Students Clare Hayes and Katie Stott, under the Supervision of Dr Katie Lamb and Dr Glenn Hurst. This video was entered in the CO2Chem Video Competition in December 2019 and was awarded a "Best Video" Prize.
- A. Lawer, R. G. Epton, T. C. Stephens, K. Y. Palate, M. Lodi, E. Marotte, K. J. Lamb, J. K. Sangha, J. M. Lynam, W. P. Unsworth, Evaluating the Viability of Successive Ring Expansion Reactions based on Amino Acid and Hydroxyacid Side Chain Insertion. Chem. Eur. J., 2020 (accepted article). DOI: 10.1002/chem.202002164
- K. J. Lamb, M. R. Dowsett, M. North, R. R. Parker, A. C. Whitwood, Unprecedented Reductive Cyclisation of Salophen Ligands to Tetrahydroquinoxalines during Metal Complex Formation. Chem Commun., 2020, 56, 4844-4847. DOI: 10.1039/d0cc01192d
- Author of book chapter Catalysts for the Conversion of CO2 to Cyclic and Polycarbonates in “Carbon Dioxide Utilisation. Volume 2: Transformations”, ed. Michael North and Peter Styring, De Gruyter, Berlin, 1st edn, 2019, DOI: 10.1515/9783110665147-015.
- K. J. Lamb, I. D. V. Ingram, M. North, M. Sengoden, Valorization of Carbon Dioxide into Oxazolidinones by Reaction with Aziridines, Curr. Green Chem., 2019, 6, 32-43. DOI: 10.2174/2213346106666190321142328.
- P. A. Carvalho, J. W. Comerford, K. J. Lamb et al., Influence of Mesoporous Silica Properties on Cyclic Carbonate Synthesis Catalysed by Supported Aluminium(Salen) Complexes, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 361, 345-354. DOI: 10.1002/adsc.201801229.
- K. J. Lamb et al., Capacitance-Assisted Sustainable Electrochemical Carbon Dioxide Mineralisation, ChemSusChem, 2018, 11, 137. DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201702087.
- J. A. Castro-Osma, K. J. Lamb and M. North, Cr(salophen) Complex Catalyzed Cyclic Carbonate Synthesis at Ambient Temperature And Pressure, ACS Catal., 2016, 6, 5012. DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.6b01386.