Dr Kevin Cowtan Highlights
- CCP4 research fellowship, 2013-2018
- Royal Society "University Research Fellowship", awarded 2000, renewed 2005.
Invited talks, etc.
- Invited speaker at the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco (2014).
- Invited speaker at European Crystallography Association meetings: Bergen (2012), Leuven (2006), Budapest (2004).
- Invited speaker at CCP4 Study weekends: Warwick (2013), Warwick (2011), Nottingham (2009), Reading (2007), Leeds (2004)
- Invited plenary lecture on "An Overview of Crystallographic Computing Methods Development Worldwide, Reviewing the Current State of the Art, and Introducing Upcoming Developments", British Crystallography Association Spring Meeting, University of Nottingham (2002).
- Invited session co-chair at International Union of Crystallography meetings: Florence (2005).
- Invited tutor at international workshops including: Barcelona (2004), Amsterdam (2004), Lisbon (2004), Grenoble (2005), Sienna (2005), Barcelona (2006), Lisbon (2006), Goettingen (2006, declined), Osaka (2006)
- Invited contributor to "The Encyclopedia of Life Sciences", and "International Tables for Crystallography"
Dr Cowtan's work is very widely used in the crystallographic community.
- The 'Coot' model building software has been cited in more than 12,000 peer-reviewed papers.
- Dr Cowtan's density modification packages have been cited in more than 1,000 papers.
- The 'Buccaneer' automated protein building software has received more then 500 citations.
- Dr Cowtan's web-based teaching tools are used worldwide for teaching crystallography, with 100+ visitors/day.