Changing your address

Please keep your home address up to date on the University's records, as this will be used for communications from The University of York Pension Team.

Use MyView to update your home address details

Changing contribution tier

Higher tier members

If you are a member of the Higher Tier, you will get an opportunity to move from the Higher Tier to the Lower Tier each October.

For more details, please see the University of York Pension Fund booklet, or contact the Pensions Office.

Lower tier members

If you are a member of the Lower Tier you will get an opportunity to move from the Lower Tier into the Higher Tier once every third October. The next October election window will be during 2021.

Third tier

There will be no opportunity to join the Lower or Higher Tier at any time in the future.

Download Change of Tier form

Nominated beneficiaries

In some circumstances, the University of York Pension Fund provides for a lump sum to be paid in the event of your death. The amount payable is dependent on your status in the Pension Fund at the time of your death.

You are able, by completing this form, to inform the Trustee of who you would like this payment to be made to. Whilst the Trustee retains the discretion of who to pay, your wishes will normally be taken into account.

Download Nominated beneficiary form

Requesting a pension estimate

If you require an illustration of what your retirement benefits may be in the future, email the Pensions Office and provide an assumed date of retirement for use in your estimate calculation. Annual benefit illustrations are no longer produced as standard.

You can only have one estimate of your benefits per year.

Further information

Scheme Documents

You can access documents giving further information about the scheme below.

Actuarial valuation 2017

If you have a complaint

We strive to deliver the highest standard of service; however, we recognise that sometimes things go wrong. Should this happen, please contact us as soon as possible. It is usually possible to resolve any concerns informally. If you remain dissatisfied, then you can use the Fund's Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure.

Download the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure note and complaint form [PDF]