Extra bank holiday on Friday 3 June to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
This holiday falls in an active teaching and examination period. The University will deal with this in the same way as other in term public holidays. Therefore the following arrangements will be applied:
- Staff who would normally be working on this day, but are not required to work, will take the day as an additional public holiday day.
- Staff who would normally work a part day, but are not required to work, will be given an additional leave allowance pro-rata with their FTE.
- Academic, teaching, research and support staff who are needed to maintain the University's core activities on 3 June 2022 will be required to work as normal.
- Staff required to work on the day, will be granted one additional day of leave in lieu, to be taken in agreement with their line manager. This will be pro-rata for part time staff.
- Staff who would not normally be due to work on 3 June 2022 will be given an additional leave allowance pro-rata with their FTE. This can be taken at another time in agreement with their line manager.
- Support staff in grades 1-5 who are required to work on 3 June 2022 will be eligible for pay at two times plain time rates. See the principles for working and payment webpages for full details.
- The additional public holiday arrangement will be given to staff who are in employment on 3 June 2022. Colleagues joining after this date will not get an increase in public holiday entitlement.
- These arrangements do not apply to staff who are engaged on a casual basis or via the Temp Pool.
Working arrangements for 3 June 2022 will be determined by managers. Please speak to your line manager for advice on your local arrangements.
The annual leave calculator has been updated to reflect the additional public holiday.
Colleagues are reminded that the Spring bank holiday (which usually falls on a Monday in late May) will instead fall on Thursday 2 June in 2022.