14 to 20 May 2018
We are supporting Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) at the University with a range of events.
- Meet the network
- Monday 14 May, Ron Cooke Hub, Island of interaction
12:30 - 14:00
Join us for tea or coffee and meet members of the University of York Mental Health First Contact Network. You will find out what they do and how they help. No booking required.
- Mindfulness taster session
- Tuesday 15 May, Springlane building SLB002
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion / York MBSR will be delivering a one hour mindfulness taster session for University of York staff. Places are limited.
- Resilience taster session
- Wednedsay 16 May, Heslington Hall H/G17
Ever wondered what resilience is? Andy will be giving an overview of resilience training, discuss what resilience is and share three tips to improve your own resilience.
- Mental health first aid training taster session
- Thursday 17 May, Springlane building SLB004
What is Mental Health First Aid? Find out how MHFA can give you the life skills to deal effectively with people who might be in distress or need support with their mental health and wellbeing.
- Case studies
- Friday 17 May, Ron Cooke Hub RCH017
12:30 - 13:30
Departments share the impact and benefits of mental health first aid training. More information to follow.
Yorksport will be offering a £1 a class for staff at the York Sport Centre (Campus West) during Mental Health Awareness Week. You will need to bring along your staff card. Check out the timetable for more information.