EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account
University of York funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council for acceleration of research impact (award 2017-2020)
The University of York has been awarded a three year EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) designed to support our ongoing programme of engagement with external partners on impact-generating projects within engineering and physical sciences.
- to increase the successful commercialisation of EPSRC-funded research through collaborative programmes, increased identification and translation of research meeting industry needs, and effective leverage of intellectual property arising from research;
- to increase the degree of business engagement of EPSRC-relevant academic departments, and particularly the capacity of early career researchers to engage with industry.
The York EPSRC IAA offers funding for a variety of activities:
- Researcher mobility - funding for business-led projects to provide researchers (especially Early Career Researchers) with experience of working in industry.
- Development of strategic partnerships with business through workshops and events, short-term exchange of staff and funding for small projects.
- Impact workshops and sandpits aiming to enable challenge-led projects, in collaboration with business.
- Proof of concept awards to support development of IP commercialisation: supporting the initial concepts for EPSRC-related intellectual property through to commercial viability.
- Maximising translational groups, centres & facilities - to enable the ongoing delivery of challenge led projects with industry partners and to grow capacity to embed this activity within the group, centre or facility.
- Innovation Vouchers - to promote the delivery of small business-focused projects to demonstrate the value of University expertise in solving business problems.
Contact us on:
Researcher Mobility - closes 30 September 2019
Strategic Partnerships - closes 30 September 2019
Proof of Concept - closes 30 September 2019
Translational Centres - closed
Impact workshops - closes 30 June 2019