EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account
University of York funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council for acceleration of research impact (award 2017 to 2021)
The University of York has been awarded a three year EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) designed to support our ongoing programme of engagement with external partners on impact-generating projects within engineering and physical sciences.
- to increase the successful commercialisation of EPSRC-funded research through collaborative programmes, increased identification and translation of research meeting industry needs, and effective leverage of intellectual property arising from research
- to increase the degree of business engagement of EPSRC-relevant academic departments, and particularly the capacity of early career researchers to engage with industry.
The York EPSRC IAA offers funding for a variety of activities:
- researcher mobility - funding for business-led projects to provide researchers (especially Early Career Researchers) with experience of working in industry
- development of strategic partnerships with business through workshops and events, short-term exchange of staff and funding for small projects
- impact workshops and sandpits aiming to enable challenge-led projects, in collaboration with business
- proof of concept awards to support development of IP commercialisation: supporting the initial concepts for EPSRC-related intellectual property through to commercial viability
- maximising translational groups, centres & facilities - to enable the ongoing delivery of challenge led projects with industry partners and to grow capacity to embed this activity within the group, centre or facility
- innovation Vouchers - to promote the delivery of small business-focused projects to demonstrate the value of University expertise in solving business problems.
Contact us on:
Researcher Mobility - closes 15 May 2020
Strategic Partnerships - closes 15 May 2020
Proof of Concept - closes 15 May 2020
Translational Centres - closed
Impact workshops - open call