We offer over 200 short courses on subjects and skills such as history and heritage, archaeology, geology, creative writing, music, and urban horticulture.
All of our courses are open to anyone with an interest in the subject covered.
We'd love to hear from you, so do get in touch.
Lesley Booth MBE
Director of Community Relations and Lifelong Learning
Study for credit
- An open-access, flexible, study programme tailored to adult learners
- Aimed at those who have not studied for some time
- Take on the challenge of part-time study at university level, in a supportive learning environment
Lifelong learning in action
Study for pleasure
- Adult evening, day and weekend classes
- Pursue your interests in a wide variety of disciplines
- New collection of skills courses to improve your employability
- A wide range of one-off Saturday sessions throughout the year
- Distance learning at your convenience
- Only a basic knowledge of IT needed
- Study from anywhere in the world
In the community
Many of our courses are run in collaboration with local community partners.
Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to the programme, details may be altered without notice at any time. The Centre for Lifelong Learning reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of its programme without prior notice. The Centre operates within the Complaints Procedure of the University as a whole.