Bookings are being taken now for our 2015/16 programme and this site has been updated with new courses on offer for the upcoming term.
We are committed to providing high quality learning opportunities that give local learners access to the University. Public engagement is fundamental to our work and embedded within our strategic principles. We pride ourselves on providing courses, events and lectures that engage adults from all backgrounds.
We are now offering online postgraduate diplomas in five subjects.
We offer over 200 short courses on subjects such as history, creative writing, archaeology, geology, music and science.
All of our courses are open to anyone with an interest in the subject covered.
We'd love to hear from you, so do get in touch.
Lesley Booth MBE
Director of Community Relations and Lifelong Learning
Study for credit
- What is accredited study? (PDF , 360kb)
- An open-access, flexible, study programme tailored to adult learners
- Aimed at those who have not studied for some time
- Take on the challenge of part-time study at university level
- Learn for pleasure or at undergraduate level
- Study at your convenience
- Only basic IT skills needed
- Study from anywhere in the world
Lifelong learning in action
Study for pleasure
- Adult evening, day and weekend classes
- Pursue your interests in a wide variety of disciplines
- New collection of skills courses to improve your employability
- A wide range of one-off Saturday sessions throughout the year
In the community
Many of our courses are run in collaboration with local community partners.
Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to the programme, details may be altered without notice at any time. The Centre for Lifelong Learning reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of its programme without prior notice. The Centre operates within the Complaints Procedure of the University as a whole.