Borthwick Institute for Archives, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, UK
- +44 (0)1904 321166 (searchroom enquiries, appointments, publications, rights and reproductions, phone enquiries about ordering document copies - but please note that is generally quicker and more accurate to make orders via our on-line form or by email, see below)
Please note that the searchroom line can be very busy. If you get a recorded message when you ring, this means that either the phone is engaged or that the member of staff on duty is with researchers who have asked for assistance. Please wait a few minutes and ring again or email us.
Before you send us an email you might like to consider the following:
- If you want to make an appointment it is best to phone us to arrange it.
- We can deal with basic enquiries about our holdings over the phone but lengthy or complicated enquires are best submitted by email. Enquiries about the contents of our archives, which involve us looking records on your behalf to find out information, are dealt with under the terms of our research service.
- If you want to order document copies, we have an on-line form. Please follow the procedure outlined under our copying service.
- Please give us a postal address when you contact us as this will help us tailor our response to your needs.
Email the Borthwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about of staff and their roles please see our staff page.