Van Movements & Services
How to book the van service
- The preferred way is via email or Planon - when using this service please provide as much information as you can; name, department, what you require moving, where from, where to, what day, will someone be there to assist and are there any keys or special access requirements.
- You may also contact ext 2059 or 2077, the van drivers' main phone lines. Please leave a voicemail and the drivers will return your call.
- The van drivers will endeavour to respond to your request either by telephone or email, but in some cases this may not be the case, as some requests are dealt with spontaneously.
Items that can be moved
Please note that filing cabinets, desks etc must be completely empty before removal. Failure to do this will unfortunately result in the move being rescheduled. If you have any questions or concerns on this matter please contact us on email@example.com.
- Computers/printers/fax machines,
- Boxes of prospectuses,
- Confidential waste,
- Stationery/Campus Copy & Print materials,
- Office moves from one area to another part of campus,
- Boxes of books,
- Nimlock and display equipment,
- Boxed office documents,
- Housekeeping and cleaning materials,
- Bulk mail or parcel collections,
- Musical instruments (not pianos),
- Invalid motorised chairs.
Health and safety issues must take into account, prior to any movement taking place.
Items that the van drivers do not move
- Dumping of fridges,
- Office moves of smaller items within the same office or department block,
- Hazardous and dangerous materials,
- Any items that do not fit through the main doors, as we do not dismantle,
- Large industrial machinery.
- For bags of confidential waste, no more than 11kg.
- For a bag of mail of any kind, no more than 11kg.
- These are normally carried out by the van driver in charge of the move and are usually done for large office or department moves. The Reception Coordinators are also informed and have input to this requirement.
Times the vans are available
- The van drivers are available from 0800-1530, Mondays to Fridays, subject to staff availability.
- The services provided by the van drivers are to all of the University of York campus and any property owned by the University within the York area.
- Anything outside this has to be formally approved by the Head of Campus Services, Sue Johnston.