University Key Facts
- Times Higher Education award for University of the Year 2010
- 5th year in the world top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings)
- Total income 2010/11: £255m
- Total research income 2010/11: £77m (including HEFCE grant income £26m)
- 8th for research quality in UK (Sunday Times)
- 3rd for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide)
- 87% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of their course (NSS 2011)
- 1,188 academic staff and research staff
- 1,180 research students, including 500 international research students from over 60 countries
- Total number of staff 2010/11: 3,065
- Total number of students 2010/11: 13,973 fte
From the University's Annual Report and Financial Statements.
The Planning Office produces more detailed statistics about the University's student population available for members of the public. These can be found at Student statistics.
Back to the Top