What is the Careers Service?
The service is for all University of York students (undergraduates and postgraduates of all years and subjects of study) and alumni.
We are here to help you:
- enhance your self awareness and enable you to assess your strengths and weaknesses relevant to employability
- access opportunities to develop your skills
- access the support network you need
- stimulate your career thinking.
We do this by:
You can expect...
- a high quality and professional service from welcoming and trained staff
- up to date online information on occupations, employers and further study
- impartial and confidential careers guidance, focussed on you
- opportunities to meet employers and build on skills/experience/knowledge
- support to help you make sense of your skills and develop your employability
- all correspondence requiring an answer will be dealt with within five working days
- most of our services are provided at no cost.
It's helpful if you...
- give some thought in advance to what you hope to gain from careers appointments and events
- attend appointments and events at the agreed time
- inform us in good time if you are unable to attend a booked appointment or event
- use the computer facilities for careers related purposes only
- make us aware if any special needs relating to the provision of careers information, education and guidance
- help us to improve our service by giving us feedback.
How we collect and use student data.
For opening times and contact details, see the How to find us page.