The Asda Foundation Yorkshire Marathon has proved a hit from day one, quickly establishing itself as a highlight of the White Rose County's sporting year since the inaugural event in 2013. The marathon peaks its numbers annually, as we aim to set thousands of runners off through the beautiful streets of York.
The Yorkshire Marathon has everything you need to take away a little bit of that famous Yorkshire Spirit. Take in historic sites such as the York Minster and the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside as you take to this picturesque route. Listen out for the locals who come out to give you an “EY UP!” to cheer you along - and raise money for students or mental health at the University of York, where the race starts and finishes.
- The entry fee of £48 is a contribution to the running of the event and is consistent with all charity partners affiliated with the Yorkshire Marathon 2020. The additional £4.33 booking fee supports the services of our booking provider, Eventbrite.
- There is a recommended fundraising target of £350 attached to taking part in this event with all funds raised going to the charitable fund at the University of York of your choice (e.g. Mentally Fit York, York Opportunity Scholarship, York Futures Scholarship).
- Once you have purchased a place on the event, we will email you your unique event pin so that you can formally complete your registration (Note: You should receive this email within 5 working days).
- You can then set up your YuStart fundraising page - YuStart is York’s own version of Just Giving and allows us to give you tailored advice and support throughout your fundraising.
- Download our Fundraising Toolkit and flick to page 5 and 6 to see our top tips on how to get started with your fundraising.
If you have any questions you need answering, please contact us at email@example.com.