YESI was established by the University of York to encourage, support and deliver University-wide interdisciplinary research in environmental sustainability.
Find out all you need to know about partnering with YESI and how we can help you with your research going forwards.
How to get involved
Who can work with us?
There are no restrictions on which departments we can work with. If you have a research proposal, we can provide help if it meets the following criteria:
- It is interdisciplinary
- It has a significant environmental component
- It involves more than one department at the University of York*
*If the proposed research only involves one department but is still highly interdisciplinary and fits with YESI’s research themes then we can make exceptions.
Through YESI I've been able to take part in new interdisciplinary collaborations leading to successful funding applications. YESI not only brings people together, but supports them as they develop their programmes of research.
Kate Pickett, Professor of Epidemiology, University of York
How can we help?
- Offer practical and administrative support with proposal writing
- Provide knowledge of the funding landscape
- Identify and disseminate upcoming research opportunities
- Host events and workshops to create networking opportunities
- Connect partners across our internal and external networks to foster innovation
- Liaise with funding bodies and institutions to progress proposals
- Publicise the outputs and impacts of projects