Accessibility statement

How to claim expenses

All Postgraduate Research students are entitled to £750 over the course of their registration period, whether enrolled as a part time or full-time student to help meet travel and other expenses incurred in conducting and presenting research.  Students who are studying for a PhD with Creative Practice are, in addition, entitled to £390 per year of registration, to assist with the creative practice element of their studies. 

Students should fill out the departmental PhD Research Expenses form below, and the Finance claim forms for staff/ students/ visitors which are available from the rack next to reception and also below. The Finance forms have two parts: form one for the details of the claim, form two for the bank details. Students should submit their bank details online rather than fill in form two. All expenses forms (unless just for mileage) should be accompanied by original receipts or web print outs.

Please read the following information about how to claim

PhD Research Expenses Form (MS Word , 27kb)

PhD Research Expenses Form Creative Practice (MS Word , 24kb)

Library resources

The library has extensive resources  to help with your studies- books, magazines, DVD, links to useful websites, even screenplays. Library resources include subject guides, links to useful academic sources, information about referencing, getting hold of material we don't hold at York, and help via the Help, Guides and Further Info page.

Facilities and Equipment User Agreements, TFTI maps, booking equipment, and Ethics Guidelines

To be able to request rooms and equipment all students must ensure that they have read and understood the current year's user agreement. Please refer to the departmental webpages below.

Facilities and equipment user agreements and booking

TFTI Building Maps