Travel bursaries for contextual offer holders
We're offering free travel for contextual offer holders to post offer visit days and interviews.
As your application is eligible to be considered under the University's Contextual Offer policy, you're eligible for a travel bursary. Your travel costs to and from post offer visit days and interviews will be paid back to you once you've made a claim.
You'll need to complete two forms, one with your bank details and one with the details of your claim. We look forward to welcoming you to our parkland campus.
Completing your claim
Visitor expenses form
- Complete the sections highlighted in orange and make sure to sign and date your claim
- In the reason for your claim section you should write the event name and date, eg Offer holders day (date) or Interview (date)
- You'll need to provide receipts with your claim and if you have any electric receipts you'll need to include a printed copy
Travel policy guidance
- In the travel to and from sections you should include postcodes only and we'll use AA Route Planner to calculate your mileage
- The main University of York postcode is YO10 5DD, our campus map can help you to find exactly where you're heading
- Mileage claims are calculated at 45p per mile
- Make sure to book your rail tickets in standard class
- Please book as far in advance as possible, as this is when the cheapest rates are available
- The earliest tickets are released for sale 12 weeks before your departure date
This support is offered to applicants who are eligible for a contextual offer. If you're not sure whether this applies to you, please contact us or find out more about your eligibility for a contextual offer: