Our next Open Days will be taking place in September 2019.
What happens on the day?
Our Open Days are packed full of opportunities to find out about studying at York, from attending talks, tours and mini-lectures to visiting the information stands to chat with staff and current students. Events start from 9.15am and finish at 4pm.
If you arrive early you can grab a coffee and have a wander around campus. Our entire campus is open for you to explore all day. Follow the colour-coded footprints to find your way to open accommodation where current students will be happy to talk to you about living here.
- Subject talks and mini-lectures: Meet with staff and students from your chosen department, ask questions about your course and get a taste of what it's like to study at York.
- Accommodation: Explore our accommodation and ask questions about living on campus.
- An introduction to the University: We'll tell to you about our history, achievements, aspirations and values. Our graduate ambassador will give you an insight into what it's like to be a York student.
- Developing your graduate employability: Our Careers team will tell you about how we can help you to land your dream job!
- Study, teach or work abroad: Find out how you can expand your horizons with an international experience as part of your studies through our Centre for Global Programmes.
- The student experience at York: The Students' Union will talk you through life outside the lecture theatre, from sports and societies to democracy.
- Supporting you: Staff from our support services are here to answer your questions in Spring Lane Building and the Exhibition Centre.
We'll email you a copy of our Open Day programme closer to the event. Printed copies will also be available on the day.
Free wifi is available across campus. Choose CityConnect as your network and log-in using a social media account, or by filling in a short online form.
Getting around campus
Our campus is not as big as it looks and it’s easy to get around. To help you find your way around you can use our online map or the map in your printed programme (which you can pick up on the day).
If you plan to study Computer Science, Law, Management or Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media you should also visit Campus East to view the brand new facilities.
Campus East is also home to our fantastic York Sport Village and three colleges, Goodricke, Langwith and Constantine, where you can view student accommodation.
You can travel between Campus East and Campus West on foot (about 15 minutes) or you can travel around campus free of charge on the number 66 and number 66a (term-time only) public buses.
Our staff and student ambassadors will be on hand to give you directions and answer any questions you may have.
A variety of cafés will be open from 8am. Full details will be in your programme.
Explore the city
While you're visiting make sure to take a look around our beautiful city. You can use our free bus to the train station (5 minutes walk from the Minister) or walk there in around 30 minutes. Just remember if you are using our park and ride to be back on campus before 4.30pm to catch the last bus.
Staying in York overnight
If you're staying in York overnight you could stay on campus in our bed and breakfast accommodation. There are also lots of hotels to choose from in the city.