Be Exceptional 60th Anniversary scholarships
To celebrate our 60th anniversary, we're offering tuition fee discounts to international students.
Our Be Exceptional 60th Anniversary scholarships are awarded to international undergraduate students to support them to achieve their goals at the University of York. The scholarship offers a £7,500 tuition fee discount in your first year only.
There will be two opportunities to apply for this. You can submit an application in either round one or round two. Unsuccessful applicants from round one will be automatically considered in round two.
Open to International (including EU) students only.
To be eligible for a Be Exceptional 60th Anniversary scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 26 March 2023 (round one) or 12 June 2023 (round two) (you don't need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 26 March 2023 (round one) or 12 June 2023 (round two))
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate course.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before 26 March 2023 (round one) or 12 June 2023 (round two).
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
Application deadline: Monday 12 June 2023, 11.59pm BST
You must apply online. If you have applied for round one you will be automatically considered in round two.
- Applications open Monday 9 January 2023, 12.01am GMT
- Applications close Sunday 26 March 2023, 11.59pm GMT
- Applications open Tuesday 28 March 2023, 12.01am GMT
- Applications close Monday 12 June 2023, 11.59pm GMT
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We aim to inform you of the outcome of your scholarship application by 17 April 2023 (round one) or 7 July 2023 (round two).
Once offered a scholarship, you must:
- Accept the offer formally, following the link within your offer email
- Make York your firm choice.
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Otherwise, you will lose your scholarship, and it will be offered to a reserve candidate.
You cannot apply for this scholarship if you are currently a student at the University of York.
If you defer your place at the University of York, you cannot keep your scholarship, but you can reapply the following year.
Be Exceptional 60th Anniversary scholarships may be combined with University of York departmental scholarships.
Be Exceptional 60th Anniversary scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not exceed 100 per cent of your tuition fees.
Got a question about applying to York? Email our friendly International Team for advice and support.
If you've already applied to study at York please use You@York to upload any documents. Please do not email documents to us.