Panel Q&A: 18:30 - 19:30 Please arrive from 18:15 to take your seat in the lecture theatre for 18:30 start
Informal Drinks Reception: 19:30 - 20:30
The event will start with one of three panel Q&As, followed by the opportunity to talk informally with the participants over drinks and nibbles. You'll have the chance to ask questions and meet professionals from a range of sectors, finding out more about different roles and opportunities as well as routes into these areas.
Book your place on the Careers Gateway:
Read the panellists' profiles in the event programme:
Note: Marina Dooney, Professional Business Services, is no longer able to attend
Careers in... Professional business services
Professional business services include teams working in HR, audit, finance and consultancy. Their job is to provide specialist advice to support the development and effective running of an organisation. Have a look at our job sector pages to find out more before the event, and come with your questions for our panel.
Our panel guests include:
- Sebastian Betts, Managing Partner, York Community Consulting
- Melik Cinar, Senior Graduate Recruiter and University Partnerships Consultant, FDM
- Andy Douse, Director, RED Internal Communications
- Chantelle Lomax, Employability and Placements Coordinator, The York Management School, University of York
- Hizzer Ramzan, Client Associate - Private Equity, Third Bridge
Careers in... Social mission
Would you like a career where you can make a difference and have a positive impact on society? Come and hear from employers and alumni who have jobs where they promote a good cause, work in sustainability, or advocate for increased social responsibility within business. You'll learn how these jobs are changing and what skills and experience you need to pursue a career with a social mission. Ask your questions in the panel Q&A, and chat to our invited guests over drinks and nibbles.
- Heidi Chan, Ethical Trade Consultant, Impactt
- Richie French, Teacher of Mathematics at at local Secondary School
- Lakechia Jeanne, Girls in Science Founder, and Graduate Government Officer
- Kat Oliver, Energy Specialist, Bulb
- Nigel Poulton, CEO of York charity, The Island, with previous experience in development work internationally
Careers in... Journalism, publishing and writing
There are a wide range of roles available within journalism, publishing and writing, attracting graduates from diverse degree disciplines. Panel members will include employers and alumni working in traditional and emerging roles, so you can find out first-hand what the work is really like. Explore our sector pages to research potential options in advance. Ask your questions in the panel Q&A session or over drinks afterwards.
- Helen Barton, Commissioning Editor with Cambridge University Press
- Dave Edwards, Senior Journalist (Presenter/Reporter), BBC Look North
- Karen Munro, Principal Medical Writer, PRA Health Sciences
- Meg Roberts, Creative Director, Schwa Consulting