An exclusive programme for A&H students to kickstart your career
Departments of Archaeology, English, History, History of Art, Language and Linguistic Science, Medieval Studies, Music, Philosophy, TFTI
|Your Arts and Humanities Careers and Placements team|
Activities this term open to all A&H students
Presentations from Arts and Humanities events (log-in required)
York Strengths Development Days - First year students
Finding your strengths - what you are good at and what you love to do - will help you make decisions for your future.
Attending a York Strengths Development Day is the best way to learn more about yourself and plan to get the most out of your time at York.
Bookings open on Thursday 16 January for Development Days in weeks 5 and 6. All first years will be invited to book by email. First come, first served.
Careers in... Journalism, publishing and writing
Exhibition Centre 19 February, 18.15-20.30
- Hear from York graduates and professionals working in a variety of roles at one of three panel Q&A sessions, followed by a chance to chat with the speakers over refreshments.
- Featured sectors: Journalism, publishing and writing; Social mission; Professional business services.
Land that job!
- Promoting yourself to employers - how to write an effective CV and LinkedIn profile 13 January, 12.00-13.00, P/T/005
- Assessment Centre Experience, 21 January, 18.00-21.00, Physics Exhibition Centre - find out what's involved in an assessment centre, and how you can demonstrate skills employers are looking for.
- Considering further study? 15 January, 13.00-14.00, P/X/001
- Exploring work experience in Arts and Heritage, 22 January, 13.00-14.00, P/X/001
- Exploring work experience in Marketing, Advertising and PR, 29 January, 13.00-14.00, P/X/001
- Careers outside academia: Your Strengths workshop, 26 February, 13.00-14.30, Treehouse, Berrick Saul Building
Arts and Humanities specific and general careers advice appointments are available throughout the term. Find out more about our appointments, and book your time via Careers Gateway.
Non-bookable Careers drop-in sessions run Monday-Friday, 11.00-13.00 in Careers and Placements.
Keep up to date with all our events on our What's on page and in Careers Gateway.