Accessibility statement

Financial support

Image of a student getting cash out of a cash machine in James College

Finance is an issue for all students but as a mature student it can be particularly difficult to manage, especially if you are faced with a range of competing commitments.

If you are worried about how you are going to manage financially we would encourage you to make an appointment with one of our Student Advisers at the Student Hub.

If you do find yourself in financial difficulty, you can apply  to the University's Hardship Funds. Mature students, especially those with existing financial commitments, are one of the groups the University gives priority to when allocating these funds. 

If you are a mature student with children, or you live with a partner, you may also be entitled to claim benefits and tax credits.

Some students may be eligible for bursaries and scholarships provided by the University.

Most students are also eligible for council tax exemption