Practice Portfolio - Theory-only Option - HEA00149H
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Mr. Jerome Wright
- Credit value: 20 credits
- Credit level: H
Academic year of delivery: 2019-20
Module will run
||Summer Term 2019-20
To develop theoretical understanding of nursing practice through undertaking a range of learning activities and documenting these within a Pebblepad portfolio.
To accumulate practice hours through undertaking learning activities. Students should aim for around 100 hours. The portfolio is overseen by the Personal Supervisor/Academic Assessor.
To make links between previous practice experience and the module learning outcomes in the development of a 1500 word reflective essay that will be contained within the portfolio.
The portfolio is pass/fail marked.
Module learning outcomes
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Explore solutions and ideas with others to enhance care.
- Challenge the practice of self and others across the multi-professional team.
- Work inter-professionally as a means of achieving the optimum outcomes for people and ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
- Take responsibility for delegating care to others, including the preparation, support and supervision of others to whom care has been delegated.
- Negotiate with others to balance competing and conflicting priorities.
||% of module mark
Special assessment rules
||% of module mark
- Verbal and written evidence of achievement within their Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record will be completed by personal supervisor.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to courses
The 2020/21 academic year will start in September. We aim to deliver as much face-to-face teaching as we can, supported by high quality online alternatives where we must.
Find details of the measures we're planning to protect our community.
Course changes for new students