Nursing Practice Experience 2 - Theory Portfolio - HEA00073C
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Ms. Gillian Punton
- Credit value: 20 credits
- Credit level: C
Academic year of delivery: 2019-20
Module will run
||Summer Term 2019-20
||Summer Term 2019-20 to Summer Vacation 2018-19
On-line practice module written in line with the NMC emergency standards. Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from stage 1 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills for effective nursing practice
- Reflect on development on therapeutic relationships through effective communication
- Reflect on your ability and responsibility to provide safe and effective care
- Reflect on your understanding of key concepts in the safe administration of medicines
- Understand how a range of assessments are applied to nursing practice
communication, nursing process, responsibility, safety and risk, education for medicines, biopsychosocial assessment, mandatory training, developing therapeutic relationships, medicine administration, safe medicate, applied reflection.
Special assessment rules
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided by the academic assessor within the students' Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to courses
The 2020/21 academic year will start in September. We aim to deliver as much face-to-face teaching as we can, supported by high quality online alternatives where we must.
Find details of the measures we're planning to protect our community.
Course changes for new students