Certification for Returning from Overseas Study

In order to help our Chinese students to apply for a Liu Xue Hui Guo Zheng Ming (Certification for Returning from Overseas Study), the Graduation Office offer a service to assist all graduating Chinese students. If you were living in China at the start of your programme of study we will (with your consent) send your details to the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China. You will be asked whether you consent to this as part of the graduation registration process, which you will complete through your e:Vision account.  If you give your consent to this it will reduce the time it will take to obtain your Liu Xue Hui Guo Zheng Ming and make the process easier for you. 

This service is only available to students who are eligible to graduate, and who complete the online graduation registration process. As long as you register for graduation you can opt to be included on this list - whether you register to attend your ceremony or to graduate in absentia.

The list will be sent on the day of graduation or in the week following graduation. 

If you wish to take advantage of this service you MUST complete your graduation registration, when requested, through your e:Vision account. If you do not register for graduation we cannot include your name on this list, nor can we add you to this list at a later date

Please see the table below for details of what you will and will not need to send to the Consulate General in order to obtain your Liu Xue Hui Guo Zheng Ming.

If you register you WILL need to sendHowever you WILL NOT need to send
  • a registration form, completed by you, printed from this website 
  • a confirmation of award letter
  • a copy of your passport
  • a copy of your degree certificate
  • a copy of your visa
  • a copy of your transcript
  • a copy of your flight ticket back to China
  • a return envelope with suitable stamp
 If you do not register for graduation you will need to send every item in both columns to the Consulate General. 

Further information from the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China can be found on their website