Accessibility statement

‌Information for International Students

Welcome information

Welcome information for all students can be found on these pages.

International Student Support 

Dedicated support of International students can be found on these pages with details of support, advice and activities including details of a programme of orientation.

Tier 4 Visa holders

It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the conditions of your visa at all times. Failing to comply with the conditions of your visa is a criminal offence and could result in your visa being withdrawn. You should also co-operate with the University of York to ensure that it maintains its status as a Tier 4 Sponsor. For further information on your responsibilities as a Tier 4 visa holding student please see here.

If you have previously studied in the UK (e.g. at the University of York, or another UK University or College) or if you still have leave to remain on a prior visa, it is a legal requirement to obtain a new visa for your new course of study at the University of York. In accordance with UK immigration law, you must apply for the new visa before the course start date, or you will be required to leave the UK and defer your studies.

When you arrive at the University you will need to bring bring your passport and visas (Short term travel document / BRP) to be verified (please see further details below). You must also bring with you the original copies of your degree certificate and full and final transcript (with certified English translations as applicable) that you submitted as evidence to meet your offer.

Tier 4 Student Registration Autumn Term 2019/0

All new Tier 4 students must bring their visa, passport and academic qualification documents to the Spring Lane Building to be verified. Registration is open Monday to Friday 9:30 - 4:00 from 30th September to 11th October. If you arrive after the 11th October, please attend the Student Hub to have your documents verified.

Immigration Advice Service

The Immigration Advice Service is available to answer any questions you may have about the immigration process and studying in the UK as an international student. For further information please see here.