Benefits of being a Research Mentor
As a Research Mentor the Laidlaw Scholarship will provide you with:
- An opportunity to support and mentor ambitious and proactive students as they undertake an original research project.
- The chance to accompany your students to a celebration event which will be organised for all York Laidlaw Scholars.
- The chance for you, your students and the department to be featured in profile-raising opportunities during the programme.
How you can get involved
- Promote this opportunity to your students and colleagues.
- Bring the programme to the attention of promising undergraduates who fit the eligibility criteria.
- Provide information and support to potential applicants.
- Give guidance and advice to applicants about designing, writing and delivering a research proposal.
- Bring the programme to the attention of your colleagues and other staff members.
- Contact colleagues in related disciplines to support an interdisciplinary project.
Read our Q&A with 2017 Research Mentor Rev’d Dr David Efrid