Benefits of the Laidlaw Scholarship
As a Laidlaw Scholar you will:
- Increase your employability by developing your knowledge, skills and confidence in research and leadership.
- Gain valuable transferable skills in project management, leadership, communications and team working.
- Undertake a unique research project, which is generously funded, and a Leadership In Action project to put your skills into practice.
- Gain a Level 5 leadership qualification certified by the Chartered Management Institute.
- Have the opportunity to showcase your research at high profile events.
- Have access to coaching and mentoring with qualified coaches
- Have access to a network of like-minded peers across the University, the UK and beyond.
- Receive a £500 per week scholarship payment for the duration of the Research Project period for summer 1 (2021) and receive funding or expenses for the leadership experience in summer 2 (2022)
- Be eligible to claim additional funds of up to £1,000 for travel and other expenses (including lab costs)
- Have the chance to apply to join an exciting international leadership expedition in a developing country**
* Please note that all scholarship payments for this programme are managed by the Laidlaw team and you should contact email@example.com with any questions.
** Dependent upon restrictions in place at the time of the Coronavirus pandemic.