Congratulations to colleagues who have been awarded Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Awards this year. The scheme recognises and rewards colleagues (academics, learning support staff, teaching 'teams' and postgraduates/postdocs who teach) who demonstrate excellence in teaching and/or learning support at York.
The panel, chaired by John Robinson, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Teaching, Learning and Information, was looking for three key qualities:
11 awards were made from a field of 27 applications, and will be presented at this summer's graduation ceremonies.
- Mr Matt Cornock, Web and VLE Co-ordinator, Social Policy and Social Work
- Dr Paul Genever, Reader, Department of Biology
- Dr Zoe Handley, Lecturer, Department of Education
- Miss Kate Horner, PGWT, Department of Chemistry
- Dr Nick Jones, Teaching Fellow, Department of Philosophy
- Miss Alison Leonard, PGWT, Department of Archaeology
- Professor John Schofield, Head of Department, Department of Archaeology
- Dr Jacco Thijssen, Reader, Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Dr Gavin Thomas, Senior Lecturer, Department of Biology
- Dr Nick Wood, Teaching Fellow, Department of Chemistry
- Dr Stephanie Wynne-Jones, Lecturer, Department of Archaeology