The University engages in a variety of different types of collaborative provision. This includes the Hull York Medical School, collaboration with international universities (e.g. for the provision of joint and double PhD programmes), and a small number of programmes validated by the University.
Development of collaborative provision
If you are in a department at York and are thinking of developing a programme (undergraduate or postgraduate, including PhDs) in collaboration with another institution or organisation, please:
- read the University policy and procedures
- ensure you have the full support of your department
- contact your departmental AQ contact in the ASO as soon as possible for advice (and certainly before any commitments, however informal, have been made to the partner)
- inform and seek advice from your contact in the Planning Office
- do not sign any documents or make any promises to the partner until University approval has been gained