The Together York Integration Project aims to celebrate diversity, promote integration, inclusion and foster intercultural skills so our graduates are prepared to live and work in a globally connected society. We are also committed to providing our international students with an exceptional experience as well as an exceptional education.
The Together York Integration project intends to:
- establish a special interest group and a steering group
- map and communicate existing examples of buddying across the university
- develop an effective framework for budding incoming international students to promote integration
- pilot a sustainable framework for Global Buddies
- trial a series of PGT workshops developing academic and employability skills through the summer and evaluate if they promote integration
- develop a University-wide communication plan to disseminate integration opportunities and best practice
- produce a set of resources such as videos and handbooks.