Boards of Examiners
Boards of Examiners meet at least once a year to make decisions about student progression. The functions of the Board of Examiners include:
- ensuring the University’s principles of assessment underpin assessment processes and decisions.
- taking an overview of the array of marks in relation both to performance of individual students and to mark distribution from individual modules, in the presence of the External Examiner(s).
- ratifying provisional marks.
- making recommendations to Senate, on behalf of the Board of Studies, on awards, progression and reassessment.
- ensuring documentation is completed.