This guidance relates to research support and should be completed in addition to the general / fundamental University induction.
As each research support role will be different, this guidance is intended to be flexible. It is not necessary for research support staff to check off each item on the suggested list; departments should decide what is most appropriate for the role.
The person responsible for delivering the induction should:
- tailor this guidance in terms of applicability and priorities
- assign each applicable part of the guidance a timescale (e.g. Week 1, Month 1, Continuing Professional Development (CPD))
- add the starter to relevant mailing lists (e.g. YRAF)
- arrange access to necessary systems (e.g. Worktribe)
- arrange meetings and book the starter on to training
It would be useful for the new starter to meet will include other Research Facilitators/ Administrators in their Faculty (and beyond)
If possible, a ‘mentor’ should be arranged who can provide support in the first months (RETT can run mentor training if required)