Improve your language skills
Posted on 5 September 2019
Ever wanted to learn another language or take your language skills to the next level? Now's your chance.
Make the most of your time at York: learn a new language or improve your existing skills. We offer courses for beginners through to degree level in 14 languages and, best of all, some courses are free or with reduced fees.
Register now for Languages for All (LFA) Autumn courses
We offer courses in a range of languages with options for beginners through to degree level. There are three types of courses available to staff, students and members of the public:
- Year-long courses: staff, students and members of the public are all welcome; free for students if you study for credit as part of your degree.
- Short courses: run each term. Staff, students and members of the public are all welcome; discounted rates for students.
- Languages for specific purposes: bespoke courses designed to develop discipline-specific language skills and cultural knowledge.
- Languages for International Mobility (LFIM) courses: run with the Centre for Global Programmes. The free LFIM or Spotlight on LFIM courses are available to students if you register interest in a Global Opportunity to study, work or volunteer abroad through the Centre for Global Programmes
- Find out more on the Languages for All pages.